Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1921

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I moved my Skyrim mods over from Nexus to Mod Organizer and have to start a new game without saves. Am going to play as an orc bard that frequents the Falkreath area so I can hear the racist brother of the shopkeeper at Gray Pine Goods talk shit and play for coin at Dead Man's Inn with bard mod. Feels good to have dickhead NPCs around besides Nazeem at Whiterun.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll?
    Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    I moved my Skyrim mods over from Nexus to Mod Organizer and have to start a new game without saves. Am going to play as an orc bard that frequents the Falkreath area so I can hear the racist brother of the shopkeeper at Gray Pine Goods talk shit and play for coin at Dead Man's Inn with bard mod. Feels good to have dickhead NPCs around besides Nazeem at Whiterun.
    Orc bard is a hunter too and designed for survival mode to hunt for food.

Orcs are the best race for survival mode because of Stalwart racial ability, light armor because fur armor provides the most warmth in survival mode, Archery because it facilitates hunting for food, Sneak because it multiplies damage and makes stalking prey easier. That's to first routine, second routine is the spell tome found at the Ritual Stone:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Conjure_Undying_Ghost

Use a heavy shield in one hand and conjure undying ghost in the other, Block as it attacks then finish enemies off if needed by switching to one-handed weapon with shield with Berserker Rage racial ability or to bow at range, you can shield bash without weapon. Use deflect arrows Block perk to deal with opposing archers and other block perks as you level up. Restore health with potions or with restoration magic in emergencies.

In addition, use restoration spells as last resort because there is no permadeath. Develop Alteration around the time the Challenger mage appears in Whiterun.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Wizard_Duel

Berserker Rage makes melee do double damage and physical damage half damage to you but you'll take full magical damage and Alteration has magic resistance perks, the wizard will not survive being attacked while you're in a rage with undying ghost attacking him at the same time. It's best to get the Agent of Mara perk as an orc, it's a long quest but gives you 15% magic resistance. Do that first and you can deal with that wizard if you come across him without Alteration perks.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Book_of_Love

If you have the Lord Stone standing stone that's +50% magic resistance and +50 armor rating, if you get find it before the wizard duel all wizards get owned by that attack routine with elemental resistance shield perks on top of that.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Lord_Stone

You can get fur armor from bandits as loot, to complete the set there is a fur armor helmet at White River Watch, a location near the Ritual Stone where you can get the Undying Ghost spell.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:White_River_Watch

With the bard mod at Nexus you can find a lute as a musical instrument at White River Watch too.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65636

Breton is a good choice as race for extra magic resistance but it's not designed for survival mode and is typically a heavy armor tank with no sneak to offset it's environmental weakness with combat defense. Won't be hunting for food very well in survival mode either. Orc keeps your toon alive in and out of combat.

Lastly, by joining the Companions at Whiterun you can become a werewolf. Which makes you immune to diseases such as vampire infection and you get Fire Breath shout during a Companion quest. Vampires take double damage from fire and you can hunt them down for sport, useful in Dawnguard content. Once you're doing Dragonborn content switch over to heavy armor, light armor and sneaky archery will not cut it against Miraak.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Miraak

Pick up blue mountain flowers and catch monarch butterflies and stockpile them to brew healing potions before a major battle. It not only heals you, with Snake Blood perk from Alchemy you are 50% resistant to poison and become resistant/immune to all damage types.

Orc Bard:

Primary Skills: Archery, Sneak, One-handed, Block, Light Armor, Conjuration

Secondary Skills: Heavy Armor, Alteration, Alchemy

Minor Skills(no perks): Restoration, Speech

Optional: Necromancy from Conjuration perk tree

Shouts: Fire Breath, Dragonrend

Other: Werewolf
    Last edited by Till; 19th-June-2024 at 05:53. Reason: Anyway...

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Orc bard is a hunter too and designed for survival mode to hunt for food.

Orcs are the best race for survival mode because of Stalwart racial ability, light armor because fur armor provides the most warmth in survival mode, Archery because it facilitates hunting for food, Sneak because it multiplies damage and makes stalking prey easier. That's to first routine, second routine is the spell tome found at the Ritual Stone:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Conjure_Undying_Ghost

Use a heavy shield in one hand and conjure undying ghost in the other, Block as it attacks then finish enemies off if needed by switching to one-handed weapon with shield with Berserker Rage racial ability or to bow at range, you can shield bash without weapon. Use deflect arrows Block perk to deal with opposing archers and other block perks as you level up. Restore health with potions or with restoration magic in emergencies.

In addition, use restoration spells as last resort because there is no permadeath. Develop Alteration around the time the Challenger mage appears in Whiterun.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Wizard_Duel

Berserker Rage makes melee do double damage and physical damage half damage to you but you'll take full magical damage and Alteration has magic resistance perks, the wizard will not survive being attacked while you're in a rage with undying ghost attacking him at the same time. It's best to get the Agent of Mara perk as an orc, it's a long quest but gives you 15% magic resistance. Do that first and you can deal with that wizard if you come across him without Alteration perks.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Book_of_Love

If you have the Lord Stone standing stone that's +50% magic resistance and +50 armor rating, if you get find it before the wizard duel all wizards get owned by that attack routine with elemental resistance shield perks on top of that.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Lord_Stone

You can get fur armor from bandits as loot, to complete the set there is a fur armor helmet at White River Watch, a location near the Ritual Stone where you can get the Undying Ghost spell.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:White_River_Watch

With the bard mod at Nexus you can find a lute as a musical instrument at White River Watch too.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65636

Breton is a good choice as race for extra magic resistance but it's not designed for survival mode and is typically a heavy armor tank with no sneak to offset it's environmental weakness with combat defense. Won't be hunting for food very well in survival mode either. Orc keeps your toon alive in and out of combat.

Lastly, by joining the Companions at Whiterun you can become a werewolf. Which makes you immune to diseases such as vampire infection and you get Fire Breath shout during a Companion quest. Vampires take double damage from fire and you can hunt them down for sport, useful in Dawnguard content. Once you're doing Dragonborn content switch over to heavy armor, light armor and sneaky archery will not cut it against Miraak.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Miraak

Pick up blue mountain flowers and catch monarch butterflies and stockpile them to brew healing potions before a major battle. It not only heals you, with Snake Blood perk from Alchemy you are 50% resistant to poison and become resistant/immune to all damage types.

Orc Bard:

Primary Skills: Archery, Sneak, One-handed, Block, Light Armor, Conjuration

Secondary Skills: Heavy Armor, Alchemy, Alteration

Minor Skills(no perks): Restoration, Speech

Optional: Necromancy from Conjuration perk tree

Shouts: Fire Breath, Dragonrend

Other: Werewolf
    It's counterintuitive, but enchanting your gear makes you level up and instead of making the game easier makes the game harder because it scales to your level. The game is easier if you stick to enchanted items that you find as loot or buy from merchants. The goal in Skyrim should be leveling up the least possible, not maxing out your level. Going to jail for punching a guard resets your skill progression, just lower your hands after and pay the fine.

Makes for fun drunken role-playing and reason to drink. That's disorderly conduct and public intoxication making life in Skyrim easier. No resisting arrest, worth the price.
    Last edited by Till; 19th-June-2024 at 05:52. Reason: Anyway...

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mkay, my toon Od Won the orc bard has his gear and lute already two hours into the game and is ready to punch a guard to reset skill advancement by going to jail paying by having performed at the Bannered Mare, then it's off to Falkreath to enjoy the company of that shopkeeper's racist brother that hates orcs and using Campfire Unleashed + Pocket Empire Builder mods to turn the outside of Gray Pine Goods into an outdoor player home so he can talk shit about there goes the neighborhood when he leaves the shop.

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well the Nintendo Direct today wasn't too bad. Zelda, Echoes of Wisdom looks interesting. We also finally got a release date for Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D as well HD-2D remakes of DQ 1 and 2.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,314 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Well the Nintendo Direct today wasn't too bad. Zelda, Echoes of Wisdom looks interesting. We also finally got a release date for Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D as well HD-2D remakes of DQ 1 and 2.
    Silly Nintendo, E3 is 5 years ago. Why announce things in the summer?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mkay, my toon Od Won the orc bard has his gear and lute already two hours into the game and is ready to punch a guard to reset skill advancement by going to jail paying by having performed at the Bannered Mare, then it's off to Falkreath to enjoy the company of that shopkeeper's racist brother that hates orcs and using Campfire Unleashed + Pocket Empire Builder mods to turn the outside of Gray Pine Goods into an outdoor player home so he can talk shit about there goes the neighborhood when he leaves the shop.

I wanted to add that Undying Ghost spell you get at the Ritual Stone uses all your Magicka and you can be a spellcaster hybrid if you use the Necromancer Robes dropped by the necromancer there to regenerate Magicka 75% faster. Favorite the fur armor and the necromancer robe to switch between the two. Most enemies can be defeated without the additional fur armor rating, don't mess around in cold weather though and use fur armor in tundra. Also, get a Forsworn Axe and Forsworn Bow from the Forsworn when you visit the Reach. They are the best steel weapons and can be upgraded with steel ingots. It's best to stick with fur armor for the warmth and lower carry weight, do not use Forsworn armor or leather armor(same thing different skin). That way you can begin game in Survival Mode or have the character ready for switching to Survival Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach
    Well, outside my window there's a whole lotta trouble comin', the cartoon killers and the rag cover clones.
    I wonder if he was prophesizing Skyrim bard orcs. Fus ro dah!

If you use the Live Another Life alternate start mod choose owning property in one of the holds and Shoal's Rest Farm, you'll get passive income to go with the income from playing music at inns with the bard mod I posted previously and can focus on being a bard not a merchant, store all the loot you're not using in the chest at the foot on the bed near the farmhouse door to use later or sell later. At the road next to the farmhouse head downhill to your left, there is a chest with loot and there are bandits to get your starting gear from as loot. West of the cart with the loot chest is the Reach, there are Forsworn there to get the Forsworn Axe and Forsworn Bow from(go inside the keep that the road leads to), once you get what you came for leave the keep and store unused loot at farm. Go to White River Watch to get the fur helmet to complete the set and get lute, as I mentioned above. After you have the lute you can head the other way from the farmhouse to Rorikstead and play music at the Frostfruit Inn for coin and hang out in the area for extra food than the food at your farm to store for Survival Mode and to use to plant crops at your farm, there are plenty of alchemy ingredients in the area to collect in the spare time. Travelling to and from Rorikstead, Whiterun and Riverwood to play at their inns passes the time as a wandering minstrel until you collect farm profits.
    Last edited by Till; 19th-June-2024 at 05:21. Reason: Anyway...

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Haha, hadn't come across Saints and Seducers content yet for some reason, wandering around with the Level 3 orc bard toon I managed to kill a group of boss bandits with golden heavy armor got a very cool heavy golden shield, perfect for the light armor heavy shield bard build. But the Forsworn Axe and Forsworn Bow are still better. Then I notice a glow, ended up being a critter that I can keep as a pet. WTF?

I had a pet mantid that I named ET because it looked like an alien. Now I need a rename NPC mod. Anyway, goes to show that the bard orc build works from the get-go.

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Honestly easily one of my FAVORITE Directs they've had in a very long time.

Fucking MAHVEL BABY IS BACKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

so I've had 2 more bsods over the last 8-9 hrs now. the first happened after I went to sleep, I woke up a little earlier than usual to find my pc was off so I turned it back on and checked the event logs to confirm it
    the only thing I had running was my bt client and a disk check on one of my external hdds. the second time was earlier when I had my browser open I had 2 heavy loading pages running before bsod and nothing else running.
    I took my side panel off to see if maybe my cpu fan wasn't working I seen that it was a little dusty so I blew the dust out and checked that the cpu fan was secure. I decided to do a system restore to see if that'd help luckily I had a restore point from last week before the first power outage that started this whole mess.
    I'm hoping it's fixed this time.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Thanked 13,314 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Digging over zero poster accounts looking for spambots, banned more than a few, kinda going crazy. Anyways, randomly found this guy:
    https://www.epforums.org/member.php?14350973

Lookit that, he won $10,000 from Working Designs. Neat. But why put that effort filling in details on an account if he was never going to post?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Digging over zero poster accounts looking for spambots, banned more than a few, kinda going crazy. Anyways, randomly found this guy:
    https://www.epforums.org/member.php?14350973

Lookit that, he won $10,000 from Working Designs. Neat. But why put that effort filling in details on an account if he was never going to post?
    My eyes are burning.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look if life is hard without a boner it isn't seeded.

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comm..._cold_weather/

If it's of any consequence, Whiterun Guards do just fine with no gauntlets, light armor and heavy shield. So the Block skill tree makes up for much in terms of armor. Of course it takes skill to block effectively, but if you don't just stand there and move around in light armor you stick and move making opponents miss. Adding Alteration gives you more armor rating for dungeons and magic resistance perks, but here I go again referring to the orc bard build.

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Elon Musk
    Go fuck yourselves.

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning: