View Poll Results: Resident Evil or Silent Hill?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Resident Evil

18 60.00%
  • Silent Hill

13 43.33%
  • I'm too young to play these games!

3 10.00%
  • Another poll? Are you bored?

7 23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just because I'm bored...the 2nd coming!

Mikey_ Guest

Default Just because I'm bored...the 2nd coming!

Resident Evil or Silent Hill? which series do you think is better? i say RE. although capcom tried to make things new later in RE's life, sometimes it all seemed like more of the same, you know, like halo games. i hate SH games with a passion. stupid fog, stupid sluggish controls....

Thanks
    EP Points

I must admit I prefered the Resident evil games as they seemed to just be generally better, I like the silent hill games, but I found once you played through them once, you really didn't have any reason to play them again.

Mikey_ Guest

i remember playing the 1st SH game, and i really did get scared in certain moments, but i look back now and wonder why SH games are allowed to be made lol i can't stand them!

Thanks

I'll have to go with Silent Hill. I haven't played 3 and 4, but I like the first two because of the stories. Sure there's not much action as in RE, but I like them because of the athmosphere.

Mikey_ Guest

SH 4 the room (i think, that game was good. at 1st i was annoyed but its prolly the one SH game i enjoyed for a lil bit. still, i prefer RE's all out style. though the zombie hunting thing may be getting old. i'm glad capcom did something different for RE4.

Thanks

I say resident evil, though I'm a bit biased. I've never actually played a silent hill game. I may try out the first one one day. And see if I get into it.
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Ba11a
    I say resident evil, though I'm a bit biased. I've never actually played a silent hill game. I may try out the first one one day. And see if I get into it.
    if you've already gotten used to RE games, don't play the 1st SH. don't do that to yourself. instead pick up the 2nd or 4th SH games. those are better.

Thanks

Advice noted...maybe I'll go read up on the series at gamespot and ign...
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Thanks

Yeah, Pick up the second one. I heard and think it's a very good one. I really love the story.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ((KvN))
    Yeah, Pick up the second one. I heard and think it's a very good one. I really love the story.
    god bless you for liking any SH games

Thanks

I just read up on the series. It looks worth a glance. Unfortunately I don't have a ps2 anymore. So I guess I'm stuck with pt 1.

Thanks

muahahahaha, i screwed up this poll too!!!

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyMadman
    muahahahaha, i screwed up this poll too!!!
    you didn't screw it up. i made the options that way intentionally. so if you have nothing to say on topic, go away.

Thanks

BTW, the pic is misspelled. it should be you're not your
    Oh and on topic...they keep talking about the "fog" in silent hill1 (the gaming sites ive read about it on) this sounds more like a cleverly hidden limitation they had...but I guess back then we couldnt tell the difference.

Mikey_ Guest

yup. they say its cuz of hardware limitations. the fog was ok at 1st, but in every damn SH game...is just annoying. especially in the 2nd one where you start off the game running 40 miles in fog for about 3 hours waiting for something to happen.