Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Gamecube

Thanks

Default Nintendo Gamecube

i'v had a look on the Bittorent Tracker and i have seen some Gamcube games on their. Do i need an emulator to run those games because the gamecube emulators apparently 'can;t run too many commercial games', is this so? or are they a program on their own? if they do require an emulator could you please send me the link to the emulator please

thnx

Thanks
    EP Points

no you dont use an emu, you actually play it on your own system w/o amodchip or anything...you need pso1 and a broadband adapter and some stuff, i forget where the tut is but, have a look for it
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

There are GCN emulators, but none are worthwhile. Rather, those ISOs are streamed through a network adapter to the GCN itself, where you can play with out the original mini-disc.

Thanks

You can download the emu from here:
    you will need to download the optional dll pack and put them in the same folder as the emu.

http://www.dolphin-emu.com/

AAnd this is a list of games that work with the emu,

http://www.dolphin-emu.com/gameslist.php

As for playing them on your gamecube, you will need to have a modded gamecube.
    You can burn the iso's to mini dvd's or get a replacment case and burn to normal size dvd's
    Zorlon knows more then me.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't have a modded GameCube or need of a BBA to play backups

Hmm well I have the case modded but only to be able to use normal DVD-R's, DVD-R mini's have a high price tag to them

Quote Originally Posted by Emulator and Hardware Guides
    the WIP guide is fully usable I just want to add more to it for emu's and other things you can run on the GameCube with that method, some clever stuff that I have already had a lil play with.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-September-2005 at 14:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    I don't have a modded GameCube or need of a BBA to play backups

Hmm well I have the case modded but only to be able to use normal DVD-R's, DVD-R mini's have a high price tag to them

the WIP guide is fully usable I just want to add more to it for emu's and other things you can run on the GameCube with that method, some clever stuff that I have already had a lil play with.
    One question, Zorlon. Will your methods work with out a doubt? I would love to test your methods so that I don't have to buy any GC games, but the thing is that I don't want to buy all the stuff needed just to have it not work. Get what I'm saying?

Thanks

There is a game called bust a move 3000 that works flawlessly in dolphin, gimme a holla if you want it

most games hard well, but slowly. Some have gfx error's too and some just dont work

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon
    One question, Zorlon. Will your methods work with out a doubt? I would love to test your methods so that I don't have to buy any GC games, but the thing is that I don't want to buy all the stuff needed just to have it not work. Get what I'm saying?
    Works perfectly

The only thing it will not work with is 2 disc games that you have to change during play, therefore the only 2 disc games that will work are the ones that let you create a disc 2 save while still playing on disc 1, so apart from a few 2 disc games all games will fully work.

I only put the guides up because I have personly tested them and used them myself otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I do own both an Action Replay and only just got the Max Drive pro just before adding the guide for the Max Drive Pro method

Whats beter is they are safe to use as the drive stops while you insert your backup into your GameCube so you are not forced to remove or insert any disc's while the drive is active.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-September-2005 at 22:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Why bother with trying to get a Gamecube emulator when you actually need to own a Gamecube to play it on your PC or something. its pointless unless you can play the thing without a GC itself, either that or just buy every game you want and the console and forget about this waste of effort.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychofox
    Why bother with trying to get a Gamecube emulator when you actually need to own a Gamecube to play it on your PC or something. its pointless unless you can play the thing without a GC itself, either that or just buy every game you want and the console and forget about this waste of effort.
    I download most of the NGC ISO's and play em like I would a psx emulator, where is the need for a gamecube?

only if you back your own games up do you need a gamecube.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are a few GameCube emulators and a few low end games that do work with the emu's at full speed.

It's not that pointless if you are thinking ahead in the event that GameCube emulation gets a big update or you are going to get a GameCube anyway with either with a mod chip or use one of the methods that I have mentioned above.

Though I still buy games (for all my systems) I don't need to buy anything for the GameCube as I can play backups without a problem.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    Works perfectly

The only thing it will not work with is 2 disc games that you have to change during play, therefore the only 2 disc games that will work are the ones that let you create a disc 2 save while still playing on disc 1, so apart from a few 2 disc games all games will fully work.

I only put the guides up because I have personly tested them and used them myself otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I do own both an Action Replay and only just got the Max Drive pro just before adding the guide for the Max Drive Pro method

Whats beter is they are safe to use as the drive stops while you insert your backup into your GameCube so you are not forced to remove or insert any disc's while the drive is active.
    Well, I trust you. Youv'e helped me before an you've never failed me. I think I'll give your methods a try. Thanx.

Thanks

I have a gamecube itself and have gotten all the games I actually wanted without fail, so I have no need for emulation, plus the Revolution will be backwards compatible with the GC so it sets me up quite nicely in the future.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Sorry to kinda change the topic here but as far as modding a GC goes what exactly do the chips do? Viper for example.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks
    EP Points

The Viper mod is basically the equivalent of a PSX Modchip in that it allows you to play backup games. You can either use mini-DVDs or, with the help of a case mod, full-sized DVDs.