Thread: Gamecube roms?

Thanks
    EP Points

Question Gamecube roms?

Will we ever see any Nintendo Gamecube roms?
    If it`s possible, just wanna know!!

Thanks

No such thing as a Gamecube rom. It'd be called an ISO.

battousai Guest

and there are no gc isos as of the moment...

Thanks

And there probably won't be for a really long time, so...

�BoyRSpeC� Guest

not like any pc will be able to play any of the new systems good anywayz.... no point in having em unless of course u jus wanna burn them and play on a modded ngc or sumtin which i dont think they hav yet or do they, not sure......

Thanks

Originally posted by �BoyRSpeC�
    unless of course u jus wanna burn them and play on a modded ngc or sumtin which i dont think they hav yet or do they, not sure......
    You should refer to it as GCN which is how Nintendo refers to it. NGC was already taken for something. I think it was NeoGeo Color or something. Anyways, there aren't any modchips for the GCN, and I'm glad. IMO, there shouldn't be any modchips until the system is officially dead, and you can't buy games for it anymore.

�BoyRSpeC� Guest

Talking

well... ic i stand corrected eh..... yeh i agree...

Zerostrike Guest

There should be a modchip that only rids the system of territory lockout. So that you can play imports. I don't think possible though.

xiox Guest

The Panasonic Q version is region free but it's like $500

Christopher Time Guest

Things needed to make a GCN ISO:
    1. CD Rom Drive that can read a GCN Disc.
    2. Mini-CD with over a GB worth of memory on it.
    3. Burning Software that can burn and rip the data off the GCN game.
    4. Mod-Chip to run the game on your GCN.

Now the fact is.. NONE of the above exists.. And honestly I doubt it all ever will.
    The GCN CD's aren't regular mini-CD's.. They are unique and Nintendo has them copyrighted..
    So chances are a CD-ROM Drive that would be made to read the discs would be illegal.
    Next.. There are such things as Mini-DVD discs, though they are as expensive as a GCN game...
    And I doubt the format (since it is a DVD) would run too well if a game was burned on it. (just my opinion)
    Burning Software probably wouldn't matter too much, but honestly if it makes just one mistake..
    You'll have wasted a GB worth of space and have a mini $60+ frisbee to play with.
    And finally, a GCN mod-chip isn't likely to happen "soon.." But I figure it will happen in time.
    Oh and don't even think about Emulation.. A Computer has a hard enough time with the N64...
    I can't imagine a computer trying to run a game like Resident Evil.. Ha! It'd likely catch fire! lol
    All and all I say it's foolish.. I think i've made plenty of valid points.

Thanks

Originally posted by Septic

You should refer to it as GCN which is how Nintendo refers to it. NGC was already taken for something. I think it was NeoGeo Color or something. Anyways, there aren't any modchips for the GCN, and I'm glad. IMO, there shouldn't be any modchips until the system is officially dead, and you can't buy games for it anymore.
    It's is modded, just like the X-BOX
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Zerostrike Guest

Well, people made a special tool for ripping cartrege games, so maybe some one will make some sort of tool for ripping Gamecube games. It will be years though. I agree on running Res. Evil. It would plain blow up this computer. By the time that Gamecube isos are ripped, I'm sure someone will have the hardware to run a Gamecube game.

Sixchan Guest

When the GC came out in the US, my local Game store (which just happens to be the largest purveyor of nintendo games in the UK, IIRC!) sold a Universal GC that plays all games. If you have a Gamecube, you can send it to them and they'll send it back modded, or you can drive up, I suppose. I'm not sure if they do it while you wait! I'll try and find their site.

sickboy Guest

yeah I saw a site that modded gamecubes to be region free. they also did case repaints and added different color leds. to pimp out your gc. i don't remember the site but it was a link in penny arcade awhile back.