Kawaks stills being my favorite emulator for Neo-Geo, CPS1 and CPS2 games. However it has some issues that any Kawaks user must to know, from Windows 8 and above full screen feature causes a couple of glitches. In some systems title bar and window frame still showing at full screen, or else Kawaks fails creating the full screen with an error message saying something like "Failed to initialize DirectDraw" and Kawaks closes unexpectedly. Playing Kawaks on windowed mode works perfectly, though. However there is a fix that prevents Kawaks to fail at full screen setting. Looking for a possible fix for Kawaks I found a page where a user suggested a way to make Kawaks runs in full screen using certain registry script: https://forums.emulator-zone.com/ind...0/#post-130028

It is worth to mentioning that Kawaks has issues with fullscreen from Windows 8 and above so on these OS the use of the script is required in order to use full screen succesfully. From Windows 7 and earlier Kawaks fullcreen works normally, so there no need to use such script on those OS.

There is another issue that involve the use of fullscreen in Kawaks and this happens regardless of the version of Windows you use. Leaving of full screen will crash the emulator. Doing tests about it I discovered that Kawaks tends to crash after leaving full screen. The only way to prevent it is use "Normal" video blitter in Video>Select video blitter menu.

The settings I recommend for the use of full screen on Kawaks are:

NeoGeo games
Video>Full screen resolution>NeoGeo>640x480
Video>Select video blitter>Normal
Video>Correct full screen ratio>Stretch to full screen

Capcom non rotated games
Strange enough Kawaks doesn't give appropiate full screen resolutions for Capcom games. Aspect ratio of Capcom games is 16:9 and there is no option available in menu video because all options included are 4:3 rather 16:9
According to your PC resolution you must use these values and type them in WinKawaks.ini file

"This is the resolution for non rotated Capcom games"
HorizontalFullScreenWidth= (change this value for the witdth of your screen)
HorizontalFullScreenHeight= (change this value for the heighth of your screen)
*People with 4:3 monitors should try the available options, I guess.

Video>Select video blitter>Normal
Video>Correct full screen ratio>Stretch to full screen

Capcom rotated games
Well... Kawaks is terrible with vertical (rotated games) at full screen settings. The way I discovered to play these games on full screen with the appropiate aspect ratio is
Video>Full screen resolution>CPS1 / CPS2>Rotated games>1024x768
Video>Select video blitter>Software zoom x2>Plain

Because video blitter used isn't Normal but Software zoom x2 Kawaks will crash after leaving full screen most of times. As it seems there is not a fix for this.

And regarding Kawaks 1.65 Netplay I discovered that is normal that NeoGeo games give 2 credits using 2 player coin button and can be configurate it

Name:  svc000.png
Views: 157
Size:  9.1 KB

I have already discarded the theory that you should only use the coin button on player 1's side. Yesterday I was testing a NeoGeo game it was SVC SNK vs Capcom and I got horrible results. Using 2 PCs at home there was a terrible desync issue. I was playing arcade instead of 2 players challenge and looking at the other PC the CPU controlled character was not the same neither the stage... This happens when packets of information traveling through Kaillera get corrupted. The only way I got prevent this desync was a simple way: allowing Kaillera time to initialize the synchronization and when I say it I mean get in a Kaillera server and stay there about 5 minutes, then create a new game room, people who want to play with you must be patient as well and wait time (about 5 minutes again) then finally the user who created the game must start the game. Giving time to Kaillera prevents to start the games with desync issues (mainly if you are so far away from the server), at least those are the results I got yesterday

if someone want to find me sometimes I use the Emuparadise America Kaillera server, it's IP is: kaillera-us.emuparadise.org:27888) send a message here, please. My type of connection is Good 20 keyframes per second (Delay = 2 (8 frame delay) and remember Kawaks 1.65