Xbox1 is the best system on the market, second best is PSP Vita ................... they can play the most games from different consoles, when properly hacked. ....................... You don't need a working dvd drive to hack an unmodded xbox, but you will need an xbox that is already modded to hotswap the harddrive and then get the files you will need to format it with a hack from your pc. I've never "hot swapped" to install a mod on a xbox1, because I think its just too risky, but you can do that. (outside of emulation, there a few genuinely worth it games for xbox1, like onimusha with the higher resolution vs. a ps2, star wars battlefronts or the burnout series which has a higher resolution than the ps2, not to mention the widescreen hacks for those games etc.)

(XBOX1 AND PS2 in particular were designed to have engrossing single player experiences, the newer systems "Xbox One and PS4", etc. They are not designed that way, so beyond the flash, the consoles are worthless in the long run, I just bought a ps4 last christmas, and thinking of trading it in or upgrading it this year, and I won't miss or want to play anything on it that I've played already. Not as good quality as the previous generations of console games).