Thread: help with PSP ISO (SNK classics 0)

Thanks

Default help with PSP ISO (SNK classics 0)

first time postng here so if ive posted in the wrong section sorry.

i cant get an iso to show up on my psp 1003 running 6.60 pro-B10 (whatever that means)
    the iso is snk arcade classics 0
    other isos show and play fine. ive reformatted the card and still nothing.
    any help would be much appreciated.

a side issue is that i cant get games running on mame either. mortal kombat to be precise. which is the best emulator to use? i got mame 'deathrash vol 3'. MK is in the list, the correct rom is the rom folder but it wont start.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah you posted in the wrong section so moved for you to Everything Console from Everything Emulation

First off what file format is the game in?

If the game is from here just link me to it and I will test the sucker on my own PSP

Create another thread for the arcade issues with mame, but most the time it's that you are missing roms files usually bios roms or chd files I always audit my games with MAMEUI so it tells me what I am missing

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

the format, even tho it shows as rar file on my pc, im sure is an ISO. all isos show as rars on this win 7 for some reason but they work as they should regardless.

heres the link.. http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...(Japan)/158946

the one thing i notice about this file that differs from the rest is that it holds no .bin inside the iso. all others have a folder called PSP_game next to a UMD data.bin whereas this has a folder of the games name and nothing else.

thanks for the speedy reply.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not a fault of windows 7 but a fault of WinRAR, the first thing you need to do is take iso from file association of WinRAR

You might also want to change the folder options in Windows to shown know file extensions so you always know exactly what file formats you do have

I do have WinRAR installed myself but I will be using 7-zip for extraction

I will find out for myself as I am downloading this myself now should take apx 20 mins

EDIT I chcked the ISO file and it does contain both the PSP_game folder and the UMD data.bin

I think the problem has been in the extracting

The safe way to extract this is to first extract all the multipart rar files into a new folder then extract the multi part files via the first file (for this set that the b-snkac0.rar file) do not try and extract multi part files while they are still inside of a main file, extract those first then extract the contents while the multi part files are extracted to folder

You can use 7-zip like I do if you wish but winrar should be able to handle this just fine

I have even give this a quick play test for you, these are really retro games mind, just played Ikari, used to love that back in the day
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-April-2013 at 15:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

nice one zorlon thanks. ill sort out the file association now.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I did test the iso as well and found nothing wrong with it so I put it down to extraction error

I edited in some basic extract instructions that should extract the iso correctly but do let me know if you are still having problems with it

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

i didnt extract anything, please tell me more...

ah i see where ive went wrong here... my bad and cheers for the help zorlon
    oh boy! im gona be playing POWs any second
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-April-2013 at 15:37.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No problem and enjoy

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]