Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd agree mainly because the goaltending for the Flyers is so damn awful. It can't help that they keep pulling guys mid-game...

Quote Originally Posted by drag
    We can also catch the occasional game on Sportsnet, 'cept I can't see too many Edmonton games. Sportsnet is divided into regions, and they play the "local" team. So I can catch a fair number of Canucks games, but if I want to see an Edmonton game I have to wait for one on HNIC, or when they are playing the Canucks. And I can't afford NHL Center Ice either... it's $220 for the season. Just a bit too much for me to watch the Oilers get their asses kicked.
    Word. I definitely can't afford that. I know about the local game thing as well, another person I talk hockey with is a Canucks fan that lives in Alberta and she has the same problem as you with having to watch a team she doesn't care about as much.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I'd agree mainly because the goaltending for the Flyers is so damn awful. It can't help that they keep pulling guys mid-game...
    In their defense, at least one of them was an injury...
    I can't fathom how they expect the goaltender to have any confidence in their game if they keep getting pulled from a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Word. I definitely can't afford that. I know about the local game thing as well, another person I talk hockey with is a Canucks fan that lives in Alberta and she has the same problem as you with having to watch a team she doesn't care about as much.
    Tell her I'll switch.
    Oilers fan in BC, and Canucks fan in Alberta... WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!
    (I'm so glad you didn't say she was a Leafs or a Flames fan, though. I would have had to track her down and smack her. )