I tried decoding an ECM file *.ecm through the 'unecm' application to convert/create/decode/decompress (I am not sure which term) a Disc Image file *.img. After unecm finishes decoding, a Disc Image of the file is created successfully and automatically which I believe would be the normal case. It worked perfectly on ePSXe PSX emulator

After a while, I did some renaming of file names (.sub, .ccd, .ecm and .img) of various ePSXe games (working on the emulator) without testing them if they work after the renaming. I tried installing pakkISO 0.4, which I never got to use, and uninstalled it immediately because I am not a fan of programs modifying my context menu (right click) although I know they could be removed through shell or shell extensions at regedit.exe.

Now, when I decode/convert an .ecm, a simple 'File' with no extension name is only created after the decoding (and not an img file) but I can run the file on ePSXe. When opening/running it on ePSXe, the file cannot be seen immediately as PSX ISO (*.BIN, *.ISO, *.IMG, *.CUE, *.CCD, *.MDS) until I choose 'All files' from the drop-down box.

Finding it having roughly the same file size as the .ecm, I tried to manually add the word '.img' to see if I could successfully convert it to an img file. Windows warned me the file might be unusable after I rename the file with '.img' on end of file name but I did so otherwise, a risky test indeed and it did successfully converted to .img and it worked on my ePSXe.

All this meant every time I successfully decode an .ecm, I still have to manually rename the 'File' to an .img. Uncool! I cannot determine which event did this to my ecm: Was it my renaming of files or was it my accidental install of pakkISO?

Other infos you might ask:
My ECM tool is Neill Corlett's v1.0 (ecm100)
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit Edition
WinRAR
My email is [email protected], facebook chat open

I will be open to any kind of solution. My intention in giving out my email is nothing except for the solution of the problem in question. Provide solutions please. Need utmost help urgently from you people... Thanks in advance!