Thread: PC Hangout

Hybrid View

Thanks

On my laptop, in SpeedFan my Temp1 reading is listed as ACPI. So does this mean that it is the power input/battery? Or something else?

Because when the power cable is connected it can reach as high as 70 degrees, which then leads to the laptop crashing. Is there anyway I can sort this out? Or will I just need to crack it open and attack it with compressed air?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SA-X View Post
    On my laptop, in SpeedFan my Temp1 reading is listed as ACPI. So does this mean that it is the power input/battery? Or something else?

Because when the power cable is connected it can reach as high as 70 degrees, which then leads to the laptop crashing. Is there anyway I can sort this out? Or will I just need to crack it open and attack it with compressed air?
    No, it doesn't mean it's your battery. Chances are it's something else too, like your CPU. I would dust the vents carefully with a can of compressed air and see how that goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    isn't there a compartment on the bottom that can be unscrewed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    You don't need to take the keyboard off to install more laptop ram. in fact, that wouldn't even work, the ram slots are on the bottom. Just open whichever compartment is underneath
    According to the Novatech website, the ram slots are accessible only through the top. I've taken the bottom off before, and only one of the two slots could be reached, so I'm guessing the website was right

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SA-X View Post
    According to the Novatech website, the ram slots are accessible only through the top. I've taken the bottom off before, and only one of the two slots could be reached, so I'm guessing the website was right
    I've yet to see a laptop with more than two ram slots...