Hello there. I got a question regarding ripped games (by ripped i mean images that are small in size because there are fmv's or soundtracks that were manually removed) that i was hoping some of you could anserw.

Certainly, i don't like ripped games and wouldn't like to add them to my collection (or to anyone's!).

For example, today i got Battle Hunter for PSX (of course, not from here, but from ed2k network). The .rar file was only 32 mb or so. And uncompressed, it was only like 85 mb. The game itself is quite simple, sprite based, nothing elaborated/spectacular that i think would require like 500 mb. But maybe it's a rip, because it had no introductory FMV. Anyone got this game? Is it that small?

Also i'm getting from the same source Carnage Heart for PSX; the .rar file is only 85 mb... looks suspiciuos, right?

I know some games do get very good compression ratios (like Celebrity Deathmatch -from 210 mb to 30 mb- or Alone in the Dark: One eyed Jack's Revenge -from 680 mb to just 180 mb-, just to mention 2)... but still i'm not convinced.

Any clues about Battle Hunter and Carnage Heart being so small?

Thanks in advance; bye.