Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20,000 Warcraft III accounts banned??

BrinkofTime Guest

Default 20,000 Warcraft III accounts banned??

Blizzard has closed 20,000 Battle.net accounts found to be using the Warcraft III map hack, and the CD keys have been banned for two weeks.

Last month, Blizzard acknowledged that a Warcraft III map hack that can dispel the fog of war was being used by some to gain an unfair advantage in Battle.net's ladder rankings. Blizzard has announced its first major response, the cancellation of 20,000 Warcraft III Battle.net accounts that have used the map hack. Warcraft III owners may open more than one Battle.net account, and the CD keys used to create the canceled accounts have also been banned for two weeks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I saw this story and thought that it was kinda funny..I was really just wondering if there is anyone else here who plays Warcraft3 on BNet...Or rather, was anyone here one of the 20,000 users that got banned for cheating? I'm glad that they got busted...some asshole used that hack against me once..

Thanks

Thanks for the news, BrinkofTime. I never really use any map hacks in WC3 or SC. I am just a good old fair player. Winning by using map hacks are no fun.

They are hot, aren't they??

DarkScarab Guest

I totally agree with you both about them being banned. Not being able to see parts of the map is such an important part of that game. Keeps up the suspense. Anyway if you can't beat your opponent fairly don't play. Be big enough to admit your not the best in the world and play another round.

USA ------------- Anti-Government ---------- Emulation Finder ---------- Anti-Spammist-----------------PSX Iso/Anime Hunter
    Thanks

Yuh, blizzard does that kinda stuff for all it's games
    I think they banned like over 5000 diablo 2 accounts for the same reason, hacking
    Strict rules they be

Thanks

Ive never bothered to play Warcraft 3 online yet. Probably because I would always lose.

chrono8921 Guest

Map hacks are as cheap as trainers...

Matrix Holder Guest

i havent played a game at blizzard.net for a long time.
    i had this incredibly powerful barbarian for Diablo 2. no trainers...
    just my own hard work. incredibly powerful magic items/weapons/armor...they decided to do a little system cleaning and they deleated my character. they said that they couldnt do anything aboot it. months and months of hard work gone in an instant. i used to sing the praise of D2, hell...i was even one of the first beta testers of diablo 2, in the first 100,000
    people in the beta test...before they expanded it. after that incedent, i sold my D2 game and cancelled my account. i didnt like the game after my character go deleated. i hated starting over from scratch. i remember that day it happened...i b itched aboot it to zaladane all day., lol. man i was pissed. i sold the game 2 days later and never looked back until now. it soured me on all online games.anygame that wont let you save your character on your HD or memory card sucks! one tiny error and all your work is gone. if you pay for the service, all that money you spent on building you guy is wasted...whats the point then, lol. ill stick with offline console gaming from now on, unless things change for the better.

chrono8921 Guest

That must really suck big time...

Carnage Guest

most people cheat when playing online....dont like it...only in nox

chrono8921 Guest

That's why I only play online against people I know... except for Yahoo Towers, Chess, Pool, etc...

Fire Guest

I can still beat cheaters :-p I've beat them in Warcraft II... :-D it makes me feel special. Stupid noobs.

Thanks

Originally posted by Matrix Holder
    i havent played a game at blizzard.net for a long time.
    i had this incredibly powerful barbarian for Diablo 2. no trainers...
    just my own hard work. incredibly powerful magic items/weapons/armor...they decided to do a little system cleaning and they deleated my character. they said that they couldnt do anything aboot it. months and months of hard work gone in an instant. i used to sing the praise of D2, hell...i was even one of the first beta testers of diablo 2, in the first 100,000
    people in the beta test...before they expanded it. after that incedent, i sold my D2 game and cancelled my account. i didnt like the game after my character go deleated. i hated starting over from scratch. i remember that day it happened...i b itched aboot it to zaladane all day., lol. man i was pissed. i sold the game 2 days later and never looked back until now. it soured me on all online games.anygame that wont let you save your character on your HD or memory card sucks! one tiny error and all your work is gone. if you pay for the service, all that money you spent on building you guy is wasted...whats the point then, lol. ill stick with offline console gaming from now on, unless things change for the better.
    Wanna know a little secret. From the couple of characters that I made online for the hell of it. They where saved on my hard drive in the US West folder. So you may still have your characters.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

USA ------------- Anti-Government ---------- Emulation Finder ---------- Anti-Spammist-----------------PSX Iso/Anime Hunter
    Thanks

I've personally never had any account from Blizzard deleted even though I use Map Hack in Diablo 2 and more in Diablo 1. Maybe I'm just lucky, but by the time I found the other hacks they were already been patched.

Thanks

20,000 accounts banned?
    Good, cheaters are a cancer on the world of gaming that should be eliminated in the most efficient way possible. Apart from killing them slowly, which would be what I would do.

Thanks

Good. Let the bastards burn. It's ok to use cheats against computers. Sometimes. But never against human players.