Thread: Tabletop RPG Thread! (Redux)

Hybrid View

Thanks

Has anyone heard of World Of Darkness? I had a friend mention it a few months back and i was wondering if its any good? Also if anyone could elaborate on it more for me other than it being a modern day vampire table top

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Cyrus View Post
    Has anyone heard of World Of Darkness? I had a friend mention it a few months back and i was wondering if its any good? Also if anyone could elaborate on it more for me other than it being a modern day vampire table top
    Generally it is like DnD where the bulk of the fun is trying not to go overboard on memorizing the rules. There is a lot of sludge for spellcasting classes and it usually ruins the plot if a player chooses to be a dick in their scenes. For easy playing, don't go higher than 5 points more than your starting points at character creation.

The game tends to be better off as a superhuman game than about Vampires, but White Wolf had two Masquerade games released for PC to give you a better feel on how to GM a session. It mainly revolves around giving players enough to continue, but never tell them what's really going on in the background. A lot of Story-Gamers dislike that since they can't revel in the drama, but it delivers a better gut punch when it happens.
    Don't ya hate it when people neg rep you, but don't have the gall to tell you themselves?

http://momsbasementpodcast.blogspot.com/ <----Me podcast about Tabletop RPGs