Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899
Results 1,471 to 1,472 of 1472

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm only going to Bible thump once.

"If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them." Romans 11:14

Emulation is the save game state.
    Last edited by Till; 6th-May-2024 at 05:34. Reason: If a rapscallion like me can be redeemed so can any other scoundrel...

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wane philosophically at times, it's a dualism of intellect and heresy but you can't burn heretics alive at the stake legally anymore so I can only be fed Socratic hemlock. By heresy I mean belief in extraterrestrial life on exoplanets that Giordano Bruno was burnt alive at the stake for as a heretic, with an extra layer of Marcionist Gnosticism(Marcion of Sinope the heretic that canonized the New Testament) because yes I'm a deist for scientific reasons and Marcion describes God as 'utterly alien' to which I fully coincide with in description. A few posts back I mentioned why God exists due to the measurement problem and the mind-body dichotomy as well as Descartes being taught the modern scientific method by an angel that appeared to him. Despite layer upon layer of heretical beliefs, many people don't even know what they believe because they don't know as much as they will know yet and I'm an American citizen with 1st Amendment rights to be a Gnostic heretic. That's not to say I'm to be mistaken for a modern Christian, what the Gnostic first Christians were and what modern Christianity is aren't the same thing. You won't see me proselytize or even mention religion often and when I do it's for a valid reason. Most people would take me for an atheist because I'm scientific but I can assure everyone I have no reason to have anything but a deist cosmology and I'm a manifold heretic many other deists have a distinct aversion to, lumped together with atheists for the purposes of infidel status. I don't care whether anyone is deist or atheist, just as human and imperfect as anyone else with faults and character flaws having nothing to do with anyone's beliefs. My concern is kicking the knowledge before I kick the bucket, this isn't the only universe and it isn't the only bucket. tl;dr I'm a deist heretic.
    Last edited by Till; 6th-May-2024 at 07:59. Reason: Intellectual but humble, if I'm the smart one I've done very stupid things...