Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101
Results 1,501 to 1,514 of 1514

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Nice up here too. Apparently there's a chance of visible aurora borealis overnight. I kinda wanna stay up till 2am to see if I can see anything from inside a major city. Very few things on my bucket list, and seeing aurora borealis is one of them.
    The aurora borealis is the most magical thing about Earth, I'd travel from another galaxy to see it. One of the best visuals in Skyrim too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Nice up here too. Apparently there's a chance of visible aurora borealis overnight. I kinda wanna stay up till 2am to see if I can see anything from inside a major city. Very few things on my bucket list, and seeing aurora borealis is one of them.
    Yeah getting into the 20's today. A friend sent me a pic from around midnight and she could see it from the third floor balcony of her apartment. I'm gonna peek out myself tonight and see.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I have the huge problem of needing to sleep at night, and can't just skip that cause work. If I had a guaranteed shot or was on vacation I could skip sleep...
    I left my blinds sorta open so I could peer at a small part the sky if I woke up in the middle of the night. I think I did wake up for a moment at 3am or something, but didn't see anything
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh and here's the pic.

IMG_20240511_121907.jpg

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    That's the hard way, the easy way is to detect highly radioactive planets with a high concentration of gold after all the profit from destroying themselves was made.

https://www.sciencealert.com/mysteri...scientists-say
    The binary star system HD 140283, also known as Methuselah star, has one of the oldest known stars in the universe, estimated to be about 14.46 billion years old, making it one of the oldest stars known. Its companion star is significantly younger, with an estimated age of around 1.7 billion years. The most definitive and simplest method of detecting humanoid intelligence in the cosmos is the second star they turn their planet into when they perfect nuclear weapons and the high concentration of gold when their star system became binary and all the profit destroying themselves was made.

Freud was wrong about the human mind, the entire psyche consists of subconscious gold coins in loving emotion.
    Last edited by Till; 12th-May-2024 at 01:46. Reason: Money isn't everything, only 99.99% of it. *infinite celestial cash registers ringing in unison*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Oh and here's the pic.

IMG_20240511_121907.jpg
    Neat .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Weather is hot where I'm at. Lower 80s here.
    Been a little cooler than that here. Finally stayed dry long enough for me to get some work done outside.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you're going to punch somebody, use combinations and uppercuts and if you're right-handed begin with a left cross so you surprise and knock some teeth out.

If you're going to punch somebody, add insult to injury.

Excellent, test your might. Fight!

Flawless Victory.

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/amendment-1/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Last edited by Till; 12th-May-2024 at 19:00. Reason: Fick dich NASA

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    *snip*
    That's pretty much how I do it. Right handed so start with a left cross then BAM a super hard and lightning fast straight shot with the right. Usually all over. Not that I get into fights anymore. Too old for that shit now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Spending time and vast resources going to space that can be used to solve extinction level terrestrial problems within this FUBAR planet's atmosphere.

Intelligent humans such as Elon on a mission to terraform Mars by depleting resources that marsform the Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty Python
    And pray that there's intelligent life up in space, 'cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth.
    Fuck you NASA and SpaceX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    That's pretty much how I do it. Right handed so start with a left cross then BAM a super hard and lightning fast straight shot with the right. Usually all over. Not that I get into fights anymore. Too old for that shit now.
    Exactly, if the first one isn't an instant knockout with bare knuckles then the second one will be. If after the second strike it doesn't knock them out use front kicks to their knees to slow them down then maintain distance from dazed oppponent with left and right jab combinations, they'll try to duck under the jabs and close distance then start letting the uppercuts rip. If they go down after the first and second strike, follow their head's trajectory quickly to the ground and stomp their face aiming for the nose as hard as you can, they can't fight suffocating in their own blood from a broken nose. If their nose is not broken or you miss, stradle them with hammer fist ground and pound until it is broken. My Japanese sensei told me the unwritten rule of Bushido is everyone is seven inches tall on the ground no matter how tall they are. I use MMA for striking and my specialty is Judo on the ground as well as throws to get people on the ground. Do not be violent, don't start fights only ending them.

If you have a weapon and choose to not use it primarily and only as backup do not use boxing strikes because they can be ducked injuring your weapon hand if it hits their cranium, it's very hard and can break your hand. Use hammer fist strikes and nose strikes end the fight.

That video is about fighting multiple opponents, never turn your back to a single opponent and aim for the base of the nose only striking their collarbone or neck if they are blocking the face, it's a flow of procedural options.

Use only front kicks so that you can't be sweeped when one leg is up and you're off-balance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_kick

Lastly, there are no rules or a referee in a street fight or in combat against people intending to kill you. If you're the same size or taller than an opponent bearhug them so they can't use their arms or escape from a grapple hold and headbutt repeatedly until KOed. Don't start shit just end shit, leave attackers like Loki and not able to shit straight the remainder of their immortal life.

https://interestingengineering.com/s...ne-is-immortal

Last edited by Till; 12th-May-2024 at 21:12. Reason: 1st Rights of a US Constitution

Thanks
    EP Points

I saw pics of the aurora boreali, it looks amazing. Seeing it in real life would be epic. I've seen the northern lights in real life.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    I saw pics of the aurora boreali, it looks amazing. Seeing it in real life would be epic. I've seen the northern lights in real life.
    I've seen it before when I was exploring Canada's wilderness. Went to Toronto, Ontario and Quebec looking for its nature and didn't spend much time in urban areas. The aurora was unexpected, it was surreal and awe inspiring. Since I was basically out in the middle of nowhere and the sky was so otherworldly in appearance especially being from the South where it never happens I kept expecting to see a UFO mothersip next over the forest treetops. I did see some anomolus lights in the sky though everything was anomolous to me and it was probably caused by ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. Zally's pic is affected by light pollution, Canada is wonderful and has wilderness not found anywhere else to see the Northern Lights as backdrop. I haven't been to Northern Europe and Poland reminds me of Skyrim. I like the aurora borealis big time, it's breathtakingly beautiful.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah that pic was still in the city albeit a quieter area in the south end but still doesn't compare with being out North of the city in the wild without said light pollution.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Speaking of the aurora and Earth's magnetic field. You know why there hasn't been another manned mission to the moon? Even if the astronauts don't arrive there dead and fried BBQ, they'll return krispy krittered to Earth because of the Earth's magnet field superconcetrate of deflected solar radiotion at the Van Allen belt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt

And even if the Apollo astronauts managed to survive the round trip with shielding that still hasn't been adequate for manned missions to this day they would not live to a ripe old age after all that DNA damage. Now, if being American means being scientifically and living in a make-believe world where fiction is reality, or it means being a bold face liar on an epic scale in posterity's retrospective human history, you probably like politics and politicians. Vote for my candidate, he tells the best lies through his snakeoil salesman fucking teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Michio Kaku
    How can you tell a politician is lying? His lips are moving.