Thread: i wish there was a good alternative to steam

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default i wish there was a good alternative to steam

did you know that if you get a certain number of bans (temp and perma) and warnings anywhere on steam, Valve puts your account into "lockdown mode" for anywhere up to...6 MONTHS or more?

that completely bricks your steam account save for 4 functions:

browsing steam

buying games

playing games in your library

chatting with friends via the steam chat window

---

ALL other functions, PLATFORM WIDE, are completely bricked.

posting on forums

posting reviews

commenting on reviews

commenting on people's profiles

rating...anything

you can't add or remove people on your friend list

you can't edit ANY part of your OWN profile and it forces it into full private mode. so, no one INCLUDING your friends can view it.

you can't block anyone

you can't report anyone

you cannot upload pictures in the chat window

you cannot do ANYTHING except those 4 functions!

---

and somehow this is LEGAL for VALVE to do this to people.

and on top of this, me and some other people recently caught Valve's moderators (the ones with the valve logo next to their usernames) running a honeypot thread in the starfield steam forum specifically so they can ban anyone who says anything negative about the OP.

what's more, the "steam support staff"? yeah, that whole system is run by bots. there's no humans handling that side of the platform. no matter what you say to them, they just put out canned responses.

how has this NEVER made it out to the public? how is this LEGAL on a platform where people spend IRL MONEY to purchase things?

they don't ban your steam account. they just completely brick it and break all but those 4 functions.

and spare me the "It'S a PrIvAtE cOmPaNy" EXCUSE! because that's all that is. an excuse for them and other companies to get away with things like this.

currently, my account...

3d076ea50fb06e994276eaa4bbc62229.jpg

edit: something else worth mentioning. the "steam support staff" are all bots like what youtube and google use for support staff.

the moderators can and will ban you for any reason regardless of the rules and guidelines and due to the support staff being bots, there's no appealing bans.

steam is the worst platform for pc gaming. it's to pc gaming what pre-elon twitter was to social media
    Last edited by treos; 28th-August-2023 at 23:19.