Thread: Testing Kawaks 1.65 Netplay

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Post Testing Kawaks 1.65 Netplay

Yesterday I was testing Kawaks 1.65 Netplay at home using 2 PCs. It should be said I have never played with other people but I I wanted to give it a try... So I got in Emuparadise America Kaillera server, I got 90+ ms of ping at "Good 20 keyframes per second" settings I am far away from the server (I live in the central zone of Mexico) and my internet conection is not so fast I must accept it. So I create a new game that was KOF 2002 and using the other PC I got in to the server as well. I pushed coin button on player 1 resulting in 1 credit, then I pushed the coin button on player 2 resulting in 2 credits at the same time (!) there was something strange... I selected the characters on both sides and when they were on screen the stage was not the same on the 2 PCs Hell, this is what people call desync? What's more once a round was over I mashed the buttons when I made one character win in order to skip the win pose and return to game quickly, the result: on the side I had smashed buttons succesfully skipped the win pose but on the other screen there was not any skip at all so yeah, even more desync!

Things were not turning out as I would have wanted, but I had an idea, First I had to leave the server and get in again, then I create the KOF 2002 one more time and connected the other PC at the server as well. I pushed the coin credit on player 1 side (1 credit) but this time I pushed the coin credit on player 1 again for the usage of player 2 getting a second credit as regular. After select the characters I observed that now the stages were synchronized and even when I smashed buttons on win pose the skip was synchronized too. I guess this occurs because NeoGeo games were configured to have only 1 coin slot. I decided to test a CPS1 game, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs was my choice and because this game is configured to sport up to 3 players (and 3 coin slots obviously) there was not any desync issue. Either way I need to do more tests on another games like Street Fighter II.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LATER HERO For This Useful Post: